FALL 2012 RAINOUT PROCEEDURE:
Regular Rules of Baseball (no pitch count)
9.05B Wooden Bats. The following rule will apply to NABF Regional and National Championship Tournament Games. The bat shall be a smooth round stick not more than 2 ¾ inches in diameter at the thickest part and not more than 42 inches in length. The bat shall be one piece of solid wood.
Cupped Bats – Forming an indentation in the end of the bat up to one inch in depth is permitted and may be no wider than two inches and no less than one inch in diameter. The indentation must be curved with no foreign substance added.
9.05C Major, College, Senior, High School, Junior, and Sophomore Age Division Bats.
PENALTY: If the umpire discovers that the bat does not conform to any of the above rules, when the batter comes to bat or while he is batting or after he has completed his at bat, he is declared out and the batter will be ejected from the game.
9.12 Pitching Restrictions for Rookie and Freshman Divisions
(A) The following pitching restrictions shall apply to all Rookie and Freshman Pitchers.
1. Each pitcher shall be limited to a maximum of twelve (12) innings during the series;
(B) An illegal pitcher must be protested by an opposing manager prior to a pitcher leaving
HELPFUL TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
Below you will find helpful information for administering your NABF associate league in preparation for our post-season tournament competition.
Playing Schedule. Our playing schedule dates by age group is located on our web site at www.nabf.com (also see attached).
Forms Available on NABF Web Site. The required league/team registration forms are available on our web site, www.nabf.com. Simply locate the required form, type in the information required, click the print indicator, sign the form and mail with required fees to NABF, PO Box 705, Bowie, MD 20718. In addition, we will mail forms upon request.
Penalty Fee. Leagues that failed to send their respective teams to an assigned tourney site must pay a penalty fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00).
New Rule Books Are issued to member organizations upon receipt of their renewal membership and tourney fees. (New rule books should be available by February of the current season.)
Review Rule Books. All franchised member organizations are reminded to review the rules and packet information with team managers prior to their departure for the assigned NABF tourney. All members are reminded to review their NABF rule book and tournament information packets well in advance of the report dates of the assigned national tournament event. See rule 2.10 Franchise Member Responsibilities.
Insurance. NABF recommended team insurance is available through Frazier Insurance of Richmond, Virginia. Liability and excess accident insurance is mandatory if participating in any NABF event. NABF insurance is underwritten by “A” rated or above insurance underwriters. Phone (804) 754-7610, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web site at www.frazierinsurance.com.
Tournament Sites. Assignments for league and tournament information packets with a rule book will be mailed to the NABF members’ respective office or designated officer between June 15 and July 20th of the current season.
Have a great season and enjoy each day of baseball competition. Questions? Contact your respective NABF age division director.
1.Avoid Contact Rule applies at all LIBA/Diamond Pros games:"A runner who fails to make a reasonable attempt to avoid a collision with a defensive player shall be called out. Any other runner advancing on the play shall be required to return to the last base visited. In the event that an umpire determines that a collision was flagrant (i.e., attempting to bowl over the catcher when it is clear that he has the ball and is waiting to apply the tag...), he has the authority to eject the offending player from the game. In the event of an ejection, that player will be suspended for the following game or longer"
2. Each team will be home team in one of the 2 games of a doubleheader. Home team for the game supplies balls for that game. Umpires are paid prior to the beginning of the first game.
3. Follow the typical MLB rules unless specified in this set of rules. THERE ARE NO HOUSE RULES REGARDING PLAYING RULES.
4..Reentry rule:A starting player, who has been removed from the game, may be reinserted once under the following conditions:
A. The player must return to his original spot in the batting order.
5. Infield fly pertains to the 12+ division and older.
6. Teams have the option of using one or two extra hitters
7. Mound Visits:The Manager is permitted to visit the mound twice in any inning and a maximum of three times per pitcher per game without removing the pitcher. Any visit in excess of the allowed visits must be for the purpose of making pitching change. A visit to the mound resulting from an injury is not to be considered as one of the
8. A forfeiture will be awarded under the following circumstances:
9.In any 51-70 division, there are dropped third strikes, infield fly and regular leading. One warning per pitcher, instruction and then enforcement with balks.
10. In all six inning games there is a 2 hour limit, no inning may start after 1 hour 45 minutes. In all seven inning games there is a two hour 30 minute limit, no inning may start after 2 hour 15 minutes. In all games, any inning started must finish unless mercy rules applies Tied games can be played one extra inning if within the time limit.
11.There is a ten run mercy rule in the 12+Division after 4 complete innings, the inning does not have to be completed after the fourth inning for the mercy rule to apply. No equal at bats after 4 complete innings.
12. There is a ten run mercy rule in the 13U-18U after 5 complete innings, the inning does not have to be completed after the fifth inning for the mercy rule to apply. No equal at bats after 5 complete innings.
13. Any rule discrepancy must be protested immediately with the umpire and tournament director.
14. Respect the game, respect the fields and respect each other.
15. Any ejection by a player or coach will result in a one game suspension to be served in the next game.